Thursday 29 May 2008

From David Williams

I have known Michael, my brother-in-law, for over twenty years, and in that time have come to love him like a brother, a big brother.

I will greatly miss him – not only for his tenderness and shy charm, but also for his sense on humour. He was always ready to see the funny side of life. I will always remember his infectious laughter. He was much tickled by the absurd, we used to cry with laughter together at Monty Python and Fawlty Towers, and I know for example that many on his passwords were taken from Lewis Carroll’s Jabberwocky.

I am sure that his creative spirit will live on forever in his music and recorded voice – and it is nice to know that he is with us now looking on and feeling a little embarrassed by at our appreciation of him.

He was truly a
Gentle-man.

No comments: